Friday, August 17, 2012

Week One = Done!

I have officially made it through the first week of school! I'm very happy that it is Friday. I think tonight  us teachers are going to relax together, make some food, drink some wine and watch movies. Everyone is pretty tired. Tomorrow we're going to be leaving early to go to Puerto la Cruz. We will be taken around the city and get to see the house that we will be living in. Hopefully tomorrow night we'll be able to go out and have some fun too. 

This week in preschool we've been trying to get a routine down and we've been working with the letter A. We've made a lot of apple themed things and I'm definitely perfected my crafting skills. Thank you Chi Omega and being in a sorority for giving me a couple years to become and awesome crafter before starting to teach preschool. Those have been some valuable skills.

We made "a apples" which are in an earlier post. We sliced an apple in half and made prints and used our finger prints to make ants. Then today we had "Finger-painting Friday" and used our handprints to make apple trees. The kids LOVE painting, but its extremely messy so we're working on following directions and only painting in small groups right now. We had a lot of green hands and green on the tables today. 

We've also had centers every day. the kids can either build in my "construction zone," play with whatever activity I put out on the carpet, or sit at a table and work on writing with me using dry erase markers. They have short attention spans and tend to just go from one thing to the next pretty quickly, but that's fine as long as they're in one of those places. 

I have lots of pictures to put up today and tomorrow I'll have even more from Puerto la Cruz


Painting our hands green and putting leaves on our tree. 

Michelle making some great leaves.

Our finished apple trees.


Kenvi and I working at the writing center

Marcel and Carol using shapes to make animals/insects/flowers on the carpet

Sebastian building. (This is his favorite thing to do and sits there building for all of center time)

No comments:

Post a Comment