Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 2 and the letter A

It's been two days of pre-k so far. Everything is going well. Today was even smoother than yesterday. I'm trying to get the children into a routine, it seems to be working pretty well. I just spoke with the pre-k3 teacher and she was shocked we had done anything academic already. I haven't done too much, but there's no point in wasting time. I'm sure we'll get plenty of fun, non-academic days, when the holidays start up.

A big portion of my day today was doing "letter A activities" The kids LOVE writing on the white board so I let them practice writing their letter A on the board, which they loved and I think I'll do with each letter. Tomorrow I'm going to let them write As outside with sidewalk chalk, I think. After working on the board we made apples out of the letter a. Anything involving glue is bound to be a mess with kids and be time consuming, but they came out well and I'm happy to have some work to hang up in the classroom.

Tomorrow I will be getting another student. He doesn't speak any English either. When my two other children get back from vacation I will have a total of 8 four-year-olds every day. This is a much larger group then I was originally told, but I am definitely looking forward to it!

 My kids very excited to be holding up their "a" apples.
I tried to get them to hold them so I'd be able to see them. They came out pretty well! I was excited for the first craft of the year how well they did!

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing! TEACHER OF THE AÑO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! They're definitely VERY tiring. It should be interesting once all 8 are here...

      Delete
  2. Those Apples are so cute. Also I just got a flashback to you cutting intricate shapes out of paper from the gateway days..

    ReplyDelete