Sunday, April 14, 2013

Election Weekend

First off, I lost my first student last week due to Schlumberger leaving. Schlumberger is the oil company that owns our school and half my class is children of workers of this company. Schlumberger is pulling out of Venezuela because the government hasn't been paying them and this means I am losing students. I'm only losing one this year, but my class will only be half its size next year. So, last week we said good-bye to Martina and had a little party for her.

Martina and the cake

Very happy to have chocolate cake

My class of almost kindergarteners! Can't believe how big they've gotten

Yesterday Andreina, Heather, Dereek, Dereek's brother Randy and I went out to el Saco, another island off of Puerto La Cruz. It was nice to get out of campus and enjoy the beach for a day. It wasn't the nicest beach we've been to, but can't complain since the water is still nicer than the Long Island Sound. 

Dereek and I having lunch on the beach

El Saco

The group

Funny faces

Brothers

Beach panoramic

The group drinking (even though its technically "dry" in Venezuela right now.)

Nice view of the beach.

Currently Im watching election news. Hopefully Caprilles wins, we'll see how this goes. We may or may not have school tomorrow and won't know until elections are over. If you're curious do some googling or ask me questions. I'll explain more about it in another post when I have some more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment