Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday


Dereek and I went to the market this morning, like we do every weekend, to do some grocery shopping. Just thought I'd share our purchases. Above is a picture of everything, there is pre-cut (the guy at the market cut it) cantaloupe and pineapple, bananas, papaya, tomatoes, carrots, onions, potatoes, avocado, and 1/2 kilo of fresh chicken breast (also cut by a guy at the market for me). All this cost me under 200 BsF. Currently the "illegal" exchange rate I use is 20 BsF for 1 dollar. that means all this food cost me less than 10 dollars. Despite how everything is going here economically, it is definitely a plus that I can get the freshest produce (and chicken) for prices like that. 

Below are some other pictures just for fun. When we got back to campus we found this silly iguana hanging from a tree. He seemed really content there swinging in the wind and enjoying the sun, but you would've thought he would've liked to choose a bigger branch instead of tipping over the whole tree. Hopefully for the iguana that tiny little tree doesn't break...



No comments:

Post a Comment