Thursday, February 7, 2013

100 Days and Carnival Party

I've been so bad at updating this, sorry about that. Today was the 100th day of school! It was also a half day and right before break and my kids were not good at all. They were completely out of control and did not do a good job listening. It was such an easier, fun day yet there was a ton of arguing. If anyone has any tips for a class that is bad at listening I'm open to them. I actually think some of them don't even know their names they are that poor listeners. I'm sure some of it is because they don't know English, but if I give a direction in English and Spanish I expect they should follow it. Here are some 100 days pictures.
We played a game where we had to choose a number from the bucket and match it to the number line 1-100


The bucket with the numbers was placed 100 steps from the number line. It took them quite some time to run back and forth and get all the numbers. 


The kids had 100 plastic cups that they were allowed to build with. Though we had some drama with breaking cups and knocking over towers I think they had fun.

We got together with the kindergarten class and came up with 100 reasons why we love school. Heather (the kindergarten teacher) and I wrote down one reason on each heart and made it into this poster to hang in the school.

So after 100th day (it was only a half day) parents were here setting up for the carnival party. (which is still going on) Kids starting coming back to school around 2:30. They have water guns, water balloons and blow up pools set up. There is also hot dogs, donuts, taquenos, and drinks to buy. And there is music playing. I went outside and played in the pool with all the kids for a few hours. How many kids get the opportunity to push their teachers in pools and soak them with water guns? It was tons of fun and I got a hot dog too. Everyone is still here running around outside and with music playing, but I'm feeling tired so I came back home to take a shower and watch some tv. Also, sometimes if the teachers are there it feels a little like we're watching the kids instead of the parents and these after school parties are not supposed to be teacher supervised. Here are some pictures of all our water fun.

This is what the campus of the school looks like. 

Some carnival decorations.

EMak and Erin dressed in masks for carnival.

EMak, Me and Erin. I was already wet at the time. I got ambushed by water guns as soon as I walked out of my house and onto campus.

More decorations.

Kids vs. Oscar (the ms/hs social studies teacher)

Sometimes we get to spray our students with hoses. =)

Oscar getting pushed into the pool.


You can see me in the white tshirt here.

Righ before Nico got me with the water gun.



They moved all the benches from the cafeteria outside to sit at.


These are two of the parents who do a lot for the PTA. They like having some fun too. 

And here are a few pictures just for the fun of it from this weekend when we did nothing besides hang out in Anaco and on campus. 
Dereek and I moved the couches and side table outside to play cards and drink wine.


Note whose in the tree behind Dereek.


The one pretty thing about Anaco is the sunsets. 

That's all for now. Tomorrow is the last day of school before break. For break Erin, EMak, Dereek and I are going to Margarita Island.  Here's the website if you wanna check out the hotel we're staying at. http://www.lti-costacaribe.com/  I'll update maybe this weekend if anything good happens, if not it'll be next week after carnival! 




No comments:

Post a Comment