Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekend and Week 5 of Pre-K

So I never got to write about my weekend. I spent Saturday in Puerto La Cruz with Dereek. It was nice to have a day at the beach. We were going to take a boat to one of the little islands off the coast, but there was a festival going on so no boats were running. Not too much else to say, but I do have pictures to make everyone really jealous that I was hanging out in Caribbean water while it's starting to get cooler and turn to autumn now at home. =)
For the festival there were lots of decorated boats.


This is the beach we spent the day at.

There were all these cute little stands along the walkway where you could get food and fresh fruit juice.

Another view from our spot on the beach.


I updated everything about school quickly yesterday. We have another kid, my 10th. He was soo much better today, not a single tear. It's made me happy that out of 10 kids I only had two kids cry on their first day, and tehy never cried again. I'm hoping that means they're enjoying being here.

Today was a fun day. We did a little bit about families in the morning then learned about our sense of taste this afternoon. (Tuesdays/Thursdays I do science and social studies) For taste I brought in 6 liquids and we tasted them all. It helped us to learn about the words sweet, salty, sour and bitter. Hopefully parents don't care (or find out) that I let their four year olds taste coffee (only bitter thing I could think of) and eat straight syrup. Oh well, they had a ton of fun. There were some of the funniest faces ever. Here are a few:
The result of having a spoonful of lime juice. (I didn't give them any warning about what they were eating. They had to decide what it tasted like.)

Lime juice definitely gave the best reactions.




Afterwards we started making our senses book. We only made the first page, which is about taste obviously. They were cute, they had to draw what they could taste on a farm. Here's some of their work, I was pretty impressed, their drawing abilities are getting much, much better:
On a farm there's apples, pears, oranges, carrots and grapes. (I'm glad I understand Spanish because they told me the words in Spanish mostly and I translated to English)

A very large carrot.


I'm getting a kick out of one of the boys in my class in particular. He's very smart and like to mess around with me. He loved learning that Dd is for dinosaur so now he says that every letter is for dinosaur. Today we were drawing a picture of an eel for the letter Ee and he decided it was a sea monster, so all morning I heard "e is for SEA MONSTER." I know he knows this is wrong (he really is smart) but I hope he doesn't confuse the other kids. He has also been playing little tricks on me. His name is Luis and he changed my calendar month to October while I wasn't looking. He called me over and said "Miss. Allison! Look! It's Halloween we need candy!" I couldn't even be annoyed that he was going through my stuff because I was so impressed that he choose the right month banner for Halloween and had that knowledge. Luis also made me laugh later today when he was drawing. He calls me over and says "Look Miss. Allison! It's a flower with a mustache." Creative kid.

Luis changed my sign to October so it could be Halloween. I'm sure the pictures helped him to know which was October, but I was impressed.

Luis' "flower with a mustache"


Check on the pre-k page for some more pictures of my class. I don't want to need to keep taking time to load pictures on two different sites. There should be a button to the pre-k site at the top of the page. There is no button on the pre-k page to get here though, I don't want the parents/kids reading about my daily life. Time to go back to work, I've been super busy with stuff for this graduate school class and Dereek and I are making brownies tonight. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment