Monday, August 5, 2013

Back in Venezuela for Year Two!

Obviously I have arrived safely, which just about everyone already knows. It was a pretty painless trip. Long, but no problems whatsoever which was great. We got back to Anaco fairly late on Friday night, at least in comparison to the time I left that morning.

I've pretty much spent the weekend with Dereek grocery shopping and getting the house in order again. I did come back to no hot water which was really frustrating, but that was easily resolved. They forgot to plug in the hot water heater to my house. Dereek and I went out for dinner on Saturday night which was nice. It was good to see familiar faces. Afterwards we went back to my house and Matt (one of the new teachers and a fellow Bucknellian) came over and we had a few drinks and chatted. Sunday was equally uneventful with a trip to the market and lots of unpacking. Dereek and I did get to go back to our usual Sunday night dinner though!

Today was the first day of "work," though it was pretty relaxed since half of the teachers aren't here yet. Marcelo didn't want to start formal orientation until everyone came. It worked well for me though since I got the entire day to set up my classroom. I have some cosmetic stuff to do, but it's just about done. Thanks Heather for leaving everything so organized so I had such an easy time setting up!!! Here's just a couple pictures of what my new kindergarten classroom is looking like. Keep in mind its not done yet so excuse the lack of color...

Classroom view from the entrance

Classroom view from my desk

Sight word word wall

Calendar area

No comments:

Post a Comment