Thursday, December 6, 2012

Iguana in the classroom

Just an update on my past week. First, and most importantly, while we were outside on the playground a couple of days ago Luis told me he had to use the bathroom. It was the end of playtime, but they're 4 so I told him just to go ahead of everyone. He came back while we were lining up. He left the door open and usually I would make him go back and close it, but since we were lining up anyway, I ignored it. Well... that was a bad idea because as soon as the kids walked into the classroom they ran back out screaming my name and that there was an iguana in the classroom. I then had to usher the kids out of the classroom because they wanted to touch it and I'm assuming a trapped iguana would not respond kindly to 10 four-year-olds trying to catch it and the last thing I want to explain to anyone is why one of my children got eaten by an iguana. Once they were outside I had to find Leno (the one matainence worker we have) and he came and caught it using a broom and his hands. It was impressive.
Yes, that is an iguana in my classroom.

Leno with the iguana

Caugt it with only a broom and his bare hands.

Other than the iguana, life has been pretty normal here. We've done lots of Christmas crafts which I will be sure to take pictures of sometime next week and the kids have been kind of crazy. We also found out that we do not have school Wednesday-Friday which is awesome. I'll have a few days to organize and pack before I come home Saturday!

First, I am looking forward to this weekend though. Dereek and I leave tomorrow at 12:30 to go to Araya. It's about three hours away and supposedly has amazing beaches and we'll be there until Sunday. Everyone, expect to be jealous of how tan I am when I come home. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment