Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy December!

Just saying Happy December to everyone and that I'll be home in two weeks!!! This weekend has been pretty uneventful, more or less just stayed in and cooked food with Dereek. I love our dinners, we put on salsa music and drink wine and cook. It's kind of cute. I introduced him to grilled cheese and tomato soup this weekend, but you can't buy tomato soup here so we had to make it from scratch. Came out pretty well.
Our Saturday night meat, tostones and vegetables with red wine 

Homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese! We had to peel sooo many tomatoes for this

Maybe tomorrow I'll try and post some pictures of my classroom. Dereek helped me decorate it this weekend too since I'm too short to reach the ceiling, even when I stand on things. 

We're getting closer to Christmas so in class we're working on Christmas songs to sing during a Christmas show that the PTA puts on after school. We have this show and the parents cook us dinner. I'm starting to feel like class is getting a little more relaxed as it gets closer to the holidays. The kids keep talking about Christmas and honestly, I'm enjoying doing Christmas crafts as well. I'm trying really hard to get the kids to start writing and reading more. It'd be awesome if some of them were reading, I have one girl who already tries to sound out words which is amazing. (Even though it sounded like D-eh-K-eh-Mm-B-eh-RRRR when she tried to sound out december, still pretty good for a 4 year old though.)

We also got the results back from our writing tests. They are all so awful, I'm at a slight loss of what to do. We use the 6+1 traits so the kids have 6 categories each graded out of 6. From everyone grades 3-high school there was one kid, who got a 5 in one category. Everyone was at 4s and below with far more 1s and 2s then I'd want to have seen. What's even more sad is that I showed these results to the director and he just looked at me with a smile and said this is good! They've improved. 

This isn't a very excited update. Really just wanted to complain about the writing abilities of these kids and show off my awesome dinners from this weekend. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment