Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Travels

Wow, I got really really bad at updating this...

So a few weeks ago we were in Trinidad and Tobago to do a visa run. Because we do not have working visas we need to leave the country every 3 months to renew our tourist visa. This semester the school sent us to Trinidad and Tobago. We were in Trinidad for about 5 nights and Tobago for two. The school paid for our time in Trinidad, Tobago was our choice though.

While we were in Trinidad we got to wander around Port of Spain and go see some pretty mansions, see the botanical gardens, go to a zoo and just in general enjoy being in civilization again. We also did some small excursions like taking a day to go to Maracas Beach and another day to go to the Caroni Bird Sanctuary to watch the scarlet ibis' all fly into this one tree to roost. It was awesome, the birds are bright pink and hundreds of them all fly to the same place at sunset. While we were in Trinidad we also tried lots of new Indian food like pholurie, doubbles and roti. We also tried the well known bake and shark while we were at the beach.






























Yeah, I suck at updating. This post has now taken me weeks to write. It literally just sits here open on my computer, I might as well finish. The weekend after Trinidad and Tobago Dereek took me to Caracas so I could get a new camera. (Mine suffered an unfortunate death in Tobago, at least it's a nice place to die.) Caracas was cool, wish we had more time to spend there. Our hotel was interesting to say the least, we enjoyed it though. It was nice to get out of the two areas of Venezuela that I know though. I wish I knew the country better, I feel like I should since I live here. Here's some Caracas pictures that I took with my new camera. 
















This past weekend we went to isla de plata. Hopefully I can put those up sometime soon. Maybe in a combo post with all the Halloween shenanigans that have been going on. The internet is always too iffy for me to post much at a time it seems. And I've been kind of lazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment