Sunday, September 14, 2014

Catching Up

So, I've been really bad about posting lately because my computer stopped reading my camera card, so I've been trying to figure out how to get pictures off the camera and onto here. I figured it out last week, but I need to go to a papeleria and have them do it. I've taken off some pictures, but not the most recent from this week. =(

So to catch everyone up, the weekend before Dereek got here, I went on a hike with a few teachers that had spectacular views of Pereira. Going up was pretty tough, it was really steep, but the views were definitely worth it! Afterwards we went swimming in a river jut outside of the city.
Views of Pereira

During our hike

All that green is coffee plants

The girls on our hike

The boys

Panoramic view of the city

River we went swimming in

view from the other side of the bridge

The next weekend was when Dereek came! He came at a good time since it was Pereira's birthday. We had celebrations at school and then on that Friday night there was a parade and food festival and on Saturday there was a huge horse parade and parties all day. It was a good weekend for him to arrive. 
The elementary school at an assembly

Kite flying afternoon at school. 

Parad in Pereira

Dance show at the food festival

All this happened at the end of August, and there has been lots of fun stuff going on in September as well. I've been enjoying having Dereek here and showing him around. He's enjoyed being able to walk around safely at night and finding milk and flour in the grocery stores. He even found a job already. Things are going well and I have a whole bunch more pictures from September and hopefully I'll get them up next weekend. I'm gonna try to be better at this now that I've figured out how to get my pictures off my camera. =) So when is everyone visiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment