Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween

A little late as always, but here's a bit about Halloween. (Mostly pictures) Halloween was more or less the same as last year. On Friday the kids and their families made jack-o-lanterns. By this I mean the parents made pumpkins into elaborate sculptures while the kids ran outside playing, but it was fun for everyone and a great tradition that I will miss next year when our school only has maybe 20 kids... =(

During the evening the parents threw their Halloween party. The kids went trick-or-treating door to door at our homes. I was happy some other teachers (Mr. Baiz -SS and Mr. Abel-PE) were also scaring kids. I had Dereek hiding with scary face paint jumping out at kids as I handed out candy. We had fun. There was also obviously food and the haunted house. This year I opted out of the haunted house but did go through it. Like last year, it was good. A little more confusing because this year they used a real house (one that no teacher lives in) so we had to come in and out from the same door, but they do a great job with it. It is amazing the work that some of the parents put into these things.

On Saturday a few of us went to a party at Dereek's friends house. Dereek and I crafted some pretty cool skeleton shirts and others dressed up. It was nice to go out to a "grown up party" and have some "grown up fun." Dereek has also been teaching me to dance during Sunday night dinners, so it was fun getting to actually dance with him in front of people, though he still is, and probably always will be, a much better salsa dancer than me.

I was Snow White (a costume parents made last year) and since I have 7 students, I gave them each a sign with a dwarf name and stuck it to their backs. The signs didn't stay on long, but I had to take advantage because when will I ever have 7 students again?

We made this really cute Happy Halloween banner and hung it outside as a decoration. 

Some superheroes. 

Hakim making a pumpkin. 

My class and I in front of all the finished pumpkins. 

Carol and her Hello Kitty pumpkin.

Hakim and "his" pumpkin. Really he ran around playing while mom made it. 

Some of the completed pumpkins. 

A nice shot of Dereek and I's t-shirts. They took a lot of cutting.

A more silly picture of us.

J and Shannon

The boys dancing. Check out the back of Dereek's shirt. Seriously, they took a long time to cut out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment